Monday, November 18, 2013

Statement from Jason Day re: Yolanda

Jason Day is scheduled to play alongside Adam Scott in the World Cup of Golf this weekend at the Royal Melbourne Golf Course. He also is half-Filipino, as his mother moved to Australia 30 years ago.

His roots trace to Tacloban, which had been hit hard by Yolanda. In fact, eight of his relatives have passed away due to the Supertyphoon.

His mom shared that her mom (Jason's grandmother), her brother (Jason's uncle) and six of her nephews (Jason's cousins) perished.

Below is a statement from PGA Golfer Jason Day coursed through the PGA Tour.

"I am deeply saddened to confirm that multiple members of my family lost their lives as the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. My family and I are thankful for all who have reached out with their prayers and concern.

"We feel devastated for all who have been affected by this horrific tragedy. While I understand the media's interest in this matter and hope that any coverage can spread awareness to assist with the relief efforts that continue in the Phillippines, I hope that all will respect my family's privacy during this difficult time. I will have no further public comments at this time. Please pray for all who have suffered loss. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment