Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Prince Eze claims Player of the Week nod

With the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta down by as much as 21 points against San Sebastian College-Recoletos in their home gym, Prince Eze made sure their home fans will not go home disappointed.

The Nigerian student-athlete led the comeback charge in the second half, reducing the lead to single digits by the end of the third quarter, then got themselves the chance to snatch the victory in their final offensive possession.

After Arjan dela Cruz tied the game with his triple 3.3 seconds remaining, Frankie Lim used his final timeout to move the ball to halfcourt and diagram a play, which turned out to be AJ Coronel lobbing it for Eze to then tip in the game-winner with half a second remaining.

When asked about that sequence, Prince shares, "I don't want to lose whatever it takes... I know if I tap the ball, I'm still gonna catch it back. So I went inside." He adds, "I mean, a win is a win. And we have to live with that," as he finished with 22 points, eighteen rebounds, and six blocks.

Such an effort did not go unnoticed with the NCAA Press Corps, who rewarded his feat with the latest Chooks-to-Go Player of the Week nod, beating out CJ Perez, Robert Bolick, Bong Quinto, and Alvin Capobres for the honor.

Lim admitted after the game, "At halftime, I got mad actually... I told them, guys, it's not about the Xs and Os. It's about your desire to win."

No comments:

Post a Comment