Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pido Jarencio's statement to the UST Community

c/o PhilStar


As Pido Jarencio departs from mentoring and motivating his alma mater in the UAAP to take his first head coaching stab with GlobalPort, the former Glowing Goldie left a message to the Growling Tiger faithful. It goes something like this:

c/o TeamUST Twitter account
The time has come for me to move on with my career as coach. It is with a heavy heart that I relinquish my position as Head Coach of the UST Growling Tigers to try my luck in the professional league. One of the greatest blessings in my basketball career is the chance to give-back to the University. The past years with you, my fellow Thomasians, together with the Tigers, whom I have regarded as my extended family, have given me pride and fulfillment for which I am most grateful.

I shall not say goodbye, for I remain a true-blooded Tomasino at heart. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude together with my family, for your unfailing support for me and the Growling Tigers. God bless us all.

Jarencio leaves UST with a championship in 2006 and back-to-back finals appearances in the last two seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment