Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Lito Adiwang and Jeremy Miado set for upcoming ONE Championship rematch


A rematch twenty months in the making is now set, as Lito Adiwang and Jeremy Miado will face off at ONE Fight Night 16: Haggerty vs Andrade on November 4 at the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok.

The battle between two Filipinos highlights either side's desire to be in the picture at the strawweight division.

From the Thunder Kid's perspective, this one became personal.

He shares, "I really wanted this rematch. When we first met, honestly, I wasn’t that excited because I knew I was facing a fellow Filipino and he wasn’t in the top five, so there really wasn’t any fire at all. But I’m now truly excited."

The first meeting at ONE X back in March last year saw Adiwang suffer an ACL tear during the bout. Rubbing it in was that Lito saw Miado's corner celebrating at the end, something that left a bad taste in the mouth and illustrating his desire to show that he is the superior fighter.

He states, "I’m on fire for this rematch and it’s because of him and his cornermen. Honestly, I was hurt with the way they celebrated when I got injured. He wasn’t even winning that fight and they were celebrating like that."

Moving on to HIIT Studio, Adiwang showed minimal ring rust in his return, needing just 23 seconds to knock out Adrian Mattheis at ONE Friday Fights 34.

With the upcoming rematch against The Jaguar, Lito notes, "In this rematch, I’m coming with my A game. I’m not going to hold back. Let’s finish this, and may the best man win."

Miado will be coming off a submission loss to Mansur Malachiev during ONE Fight Night 11: Eersel vs Menshikov back in June. He did secure a third-round TKO win over Danial Williams at ONE Fight Night 3: Lineker vs Andrade last year.

Jeremy is seeking to bounce back from that defeat, and a second victory against Adiwang could put him back on the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment