Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Lexus praises Hideki Matsuyama's triumph in Augusta

Hideki Matsuyama
Luxury automotive brand Lexus praised one of its brand ambassadors, Hideki Matsuyama, on a historic achievement that took place earlier this month.

Hideki became the first Japanese man to claim a golf major by winning the 2021 edition of The Masters last April 8-11. His 10-under par performance at Augusta National was good enough to withstand challenges from Will Zalatoris, Jordan Spieth, and Xander Schauffele.

According to Lexus, they share "an unyielding determination to overcome challenges on the world stage." They also "will continue to drive forward, together."

Toyota Motor Corporation, which has control over Lexus, shared their congratulations through their president, Akio Toyoda.

Congratulations on winning The Masters and a major championship!

Upon seeing you greeted by applause from so many members of the gallery when you secured your victory on the final hole, I, too, was overjoyed. You had continued taking up the challenge of fulfilling your dream of aiming for a win in the majors. Although I don’t think the road to this point was an easy one, you kept up your passion for winning a major, finally grasping victory. After you retrieved the ball, I watched as you shared your joy with your support staff. I was immensely impressed by the smiles on everyone’s faces. I believe that your dream, before everyone realized it, had become the dream of many people. We are very happy to have been among those people. Sensing your flood of emotions in the “Thank you!” of your winner’s statement filled me, as well, with emotion. For the first win by a Japanese golfer in a major championship, and for your continued effort no matter what, I would like to tell you from the bottom of my heart that it is we who say: “Thank you!”. I sincerely congratulate you!

Hideki shared his thoughts about his history-making moment: "I had been nervous all day since the morning today (on the final day of the tournament), and I stayed nervous all the way to the end. I’m glad I was able to play well in front of my family and friends in Japan. Although I hadn’t been able  to win a major, I have a feeling that my victory in The Masters will  lead to change the mind of the young golfers in Japan, as well. I want to win more and more. I appreciate you all. Thank you!"

Matsuyama's performance moved him up the Official World Golf Rankings to 14th overall. It also capped an impressive week for Japanese golf at Augusta National, with Tsubasa Kajitani's victory at the Augusta National Women's Amateur.

No comments:

Post a Comment