Friday, April 23, 2021

Ken Tuffin's Wellington debut to be shown through SMART Sports

Ken Tuffin x SMART Sports

SMART Sports is reaffirming its commitment to Ken Tuffin, as he makes his return to action for the upcoming Sal's New Zealand - National Basketball League season.

Tuffin changed sides in the offseason, getting the chance to play for his hometown Wellington after averaging 9.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and almost an assist for the Taranaki Mountainairs last year.

He shares, "It's always been a dream to play for my hometown Wellington. Our assistant Coach Kenny (current Saints assistant Kenny McFadden) was the one who introduced me to the game. Furthermore, Coach Kenny was there in the camp when FEU first came over to scout and recruit me in 2015."

Wellington will open their campaign against the Otaga Nuggets at 330pm, with the broadcast to be streamed on SMART Sports' Facebook page. The 2019 champions skipped the shortened 2020 season, and they are excited to return with a vengeance.

With the Saints, Tuffin will be alongside Taane Samuel and Dion Prewster. Local basketball fans will be familar with the former thanks to his brief stint as a student-athlete at De La Salle University. In addition, the team will be reinforced by a couple of G League veterans in Romaro Gill and Kerwin Roach.

On what he can contribute to his new squad, the former Tamaraw says, "I know my role playing alongside elite one-on-one players like our imports and our captain Dion Prewster. I will always be there to shoot and play D, just picking my spots to shine." He adds, "The Saints are a dominant team.  and anything less than a title is considered a disappointment. My goal is to be a star in my role for the champions."

Tuffin also says, "I'm really appreciative that SMART can broadcast the games for my friends, family, and supporters back home to watch. Thanks to everyone and want to make you proud."

No comments:

Post a Comment