Friday, August 4, 2017

ONE: Kings and Conquerors press conference held

Bibiano Fernandes and Andrew Leone face off
ONE Championship held its press conference for its MMA event in Macao, ONE: Kings and Conquerors this past Thursday at the Sicily Room inside The Venetian Macao.

Gracing the event are its headliners: reigning ONE Bantamweight World Champion Bibiano Fernandes and Andrew Leone, co-main eventers Kairat Akhmetov and Adriano Moraes as they crown the undisputed ONE Flyweight World Champion, as well as Rika Ishige and Jomary Torres.

Here is what they had to say:

ONE Championship Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong: It is my honor and my pleasure to see some of the greatest martial artists on the planet compete in ONE Championship. The thing that makes ONE Championship different from any other organization in the world, is that we want to build and unleash martial arts superheroes to ignite the world with inspiration, hope, dreams, strength, and courage. Our heroes are role models not only in the cage, but also outside of the cage.

ONE Bantamweight World Champion Bibiano Fernandes: I'm excited for the fight. I'm going to bring my best to this fight. I'm going to bring my best jiu-jitsu. I'm a disciplined fighter, I work hard and I do my best in training. My opponent says he can defeat me, well let's see.

Andrew Leone: I just want to thank ONE Championship. It's amazing what the organization is doing in Asia. They're really building heroes. Bibiano [Fernandes] has been a champion for a long time. I respect him. It's going to be a tough night but I'm looking forward to it. I'm going out on Saturday to try to win a world championship.

ONE Flyweight World Champion Kairat Akhmetov: I want to thank everyone who helped me prepare for this fight - all my teammates, my gym. I've been away for a long time. Now that I'm back, I have become a better fighter. I'm ready to showcase my new skills. I believe it's going to be a good and exciting fight with Adriano [Moraes].

ONE Interim Flyweight World Champion Adriano Moraes: I'm so glad to be here. This is my second time to be in Macao. The last time I was here in Macao, it was a wonderful night for me when I brought this belt back to Brazil. I don't know if you have seen my last fight with [Kairat] Akhmetov, but I think I won that fight. This time I will show the world that I am the true champion.

ONE: Kings and Conquerors will take place at The Cotai Arena on August 5. For further details re: this event and others, check out www.onefc.com.

Rika Ishige and Jomary Torres face off, with Chatri Sidyodtong in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment