Tuesday, August 1, 2017

​​ Jomary Torres happy to compete alongside Kelly, Pacio in Macao

If you ask Jomary Torres, being a part of the undercard of ONE: Kings and Conquerors this coming August 5 at the Cotai Arena in Macau with fellow Filipino MMA fighters is a privilege.

She relishes the chance to be a part of this event alongside Eric Kelly and Joshua Pacio, says "I am very happy because all of us are representing the Philippines and not against each other. This is good. I hope all of us will win on fight night." She adds, "We get to represent the country. It's really an honor and a privilege. We are one team in Macao. We are all hoping for a clean sweep."

Torres faces Rika Ishige, while Kelly faces former ONE Lightweight World Champion Kotetsu Boku and Pacio will face Hayato Suzuki for a chance to get another title shot against Yoshitaka Naito.

Toting a 1-0 record, Jomary is not expecting to be someone's footstool to move up the rankings. She claims, "It's my first time to compete in ONE Championship. I am honored and blessed to be in this top-notch organization, which is widely considered as the frontrunner of MMA in the region. Of course, I am aiming to get a big win. I've worked hard just to make it here. I won't waste this opportunity."

She adds, "I am prepared for this fight. Every fight is a challenge for me. But I welcome all challenges. Bring it on."

No comments:

Post a Comment