Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Rolando Dy secures fight deal with BRAVE CF

The status of one of the best Filipino fighters has been finally resolved.

Mixed martial arts fighter Rolando Dy is staying with BRAVE Combat Federation, after the Bahrain-based outfit revealed that they and the second-generation fighter have agreed on a three-year exclusive deal on Wednesday.

Included on the deal is a five-fight guarantee for the 2020 BRAVE CF Fighter of the Year.

The son of boxing legend Rolando Navarrete, Dy made his BRAVE CF debut back in 2017, and is fresh from two victories in the past year.

Making his debut in the lightweight division in BRAVE CF 42 back in September, he eked out a split decision victory over Polish knockout artist Maciek Gierszewski. Rolando followed that up a few weeks later by accepting a short-notice match against John Brewin, and then escaping with the unanimous decision upset over the promotion's 2019 Breakout Fighter of the Year at BRAVE CF 44.

He shared his thoughts about the deal, noting that "This organization took care of me when I was at the lowest point of my career as a professional fighter. Without hesitations, they gave me the opportunity to write a new chapter in my story as a combat sports competitor. Here I am today, one of the best fighters on their roster and in the world."

Dy adds, "It’s an honor to represent this organization on the global stage of this sport. I will surely do my best to give the fans and my supporters a performance to remember every time I step inside the cage."

With those two wins under his belt, "The Incredible" has a case for a potential matchup with the current division champion Amin Ayoub, but he does not mind if he has to get additional fights to make his point.

He says, "I want that title shot in 2021. But if BRAVE CF thinks I have to prove it again, then so be it. I really don’t mind. Line them up and I will keep knocking them down."

No comments:

Post a Comment