Saturday, January 7, 2017

​​ Vincent Latoel lauds Filipino fighters, but eyes big win over Vaughn Donayre

Vincent "The Magnivincent" Latoel
Dutch-Indonesian kickboxing stalwart Vincent Latoel has high praises for Pinoy fighters, as he prepares to face one in the upcoming ONE Championship in Indonesia in just over a week.

The "Magnivincent" Latoel is slated to face Vaughn "The Spawn" Donayre for three rounds during the ONE: Quest for Power that is slated to take place in Jakarta on January 14.

Latoel appreciates the fighting spirit of the Filipinos, calling them "true warriors." Having faced Eduard Folayang in December 2013, he described the current Lightweight World Champion as a "tough and a gallant competitor." It is the same description he gave to Edward Kelly, whom he faced this past August, adding that "he has a big heart." Both matches would end up in Pinoy victories.

Latoel shares, "Filipinos fight with their pride and heart. I like these kinds of fighters because I have the same mentality."

With the new year, Vincent is looking to claim this as a chance to be able to return to his winning ways, having lost back-to-back in the past year. He notes, "Winning and losing are part of the sport. A true winner is someone who does not give and learns from his losses. I have learned from my 2016 fights. I am back, more focused and much stronger."

As for his upcoming matchup against Donayre, Latoel expects it to be "energetic and hard." He adds, "It will have a lot of action, and I promise everyone that you will see a different Vincent Latoel. I can fight at a high pace for this bout. I know that Donayre is a veteran with a dream. I will prepare for everything."

Latoel believes that he has the experience advantage against Donayre, sharing that he has fought over thirty times in his career. "This is nothing personal, but I am determined to win. I'm fighting a brave Filipino fighter again. I have a lot of respect for Vaughn Donayre, but it is my time to shine."

No comments:

Post a Comment